Lives and business need to be built on foundations that will insure the success of what is started.
"foundation" defined: the basis upon which something stands or is supported;
an underlying base or support; especially : the whole masonry substructure of a building;
first principals upon which all else stands
your own life
1. Make sure your own life is built and established on a proper foundation before you try laying a foundation for any good work. We can only lay as much foundation as is established in us.
every new endeavour
2. For every new endeavour, start by laying the kind of foundation that will insure its success.
take the time
3. Take the time to lay the foundation right, and you will save time later.
no short cuts
4. There are no short cuts to laying a proper foundation.
5. Laying foundation is hard work, but not doing the hard work first will make things much harder later.
6. Though others may not see the foundation, they will see the consequences of the foundation.
7. If the foundation isn't straight, the building won't be straight - Don't try to cover up the results of a poor foundation by embellishments or over compensating for what lacks. If needed, go back to the foundation and do the hard work that needs to be done.
Each year since 1911 a professor from the University of Pisa has measured the slant of the Tower of Pisa. Each year the measurement has shown the old tower leaning a fraction of an inch more.
The tower was started in 1173 by the famous architect and builder, Bonano Pisano. He stopped work in 1185 when the tower was only three-and-one-half floors high.
Ninety years later a second architect added three-and-one-half circular tiers. The tower was leaning when he started. He should have torn it down and started with the foundation. Instead he tried to fix the lean by straightening the upper tiers to make up for the tower's slant.
before adding more
8. Before adding more to the building, be sure to examine the foundation to see if it can bear it - if not, then extend the foundation before adding the addition.
learn to celebrate
9. Learn to celebrate the laying of foundations as much as you do when you enjoy the blessings of what is built on the foundation, and you will add value to all that you do.
Take the time to go through each of these points and see where you stand. We need to understand just how important the foundation aspect of our lives really is. Make sure your personal foundation is solid. Make sure your character and your integrity in all areas of life is solid. Remember: every new endeavour requires a new foundation and every new business idea requires a new foundation. Take the time to lay the foundation properly; don't skip the necessity of this process. Remember there is a lot of hard work to lay foundations right.
What we build will be known eventually by its foundation. Remember that we can't make up for what lacks in the foundation.
Examine your current foundations and do what you need to do to make them fit and right for what you are building in life. Laying or re-laying foundation needs to be celebrated not dreaded, because you are building a future when you do foundational things.